Thursday, March 1, 2012

24 Hour Diet

For science we calculated the total calories, carbohydrates, fat and protein of what we ate in the past 24 hours.

Here is a link to my spreadsheet that shows my diet for 24 hours.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0An1ZHEpG1gSydFZEWGQ0ZWM4V3c2RVdreGhxam5QWVE

http://www.kahiki.com
Here is a summary of my nutrition information
Total Calories: 1796
Carbohydrates: 119g
Fat: 25g
Protein: 39g
                                      Questions
1. How does your total calories compare to the recommended 2000 calories per day? (Hint: Divide the number of calories you ate over 24 hours by 2000 and multiply by 100. This number is the % of total calories.)  
  Answer: I consume 89% of the recommended calories.


2. What time of day do you eat most of your calories - morning, afternoon or evening? 

Answer: Usually in the afternoon but in the past 24 hours I had more in the evening. 


3. What does your answer to question #2 imply about your long term health? (For example, if I eat all of my calories at night then I may gain weight because my body will turned unused calories into fat.)


http://grapesweb.com/
Answer: Well since I have braces and got them tightened I could only eat soft food and that's why I had more calories from the night before than from breakfast or lunch. But usually I have more in the afternoon so therefore I may not gain as much weight as I would if I had more calories in the evening. 

4. Describe how many minutes you exercise per day and what activities you engage in on a regular basis. (Example: I ride my bike 42 miles to work each day this takes approximately 3 hours and 45 minutes and walk approximately 4 miles per day)



Answer:  Sometimes I'll just throw a football or frisbee for about 45 - 60 minutes or just play dodge ball or walk occasionally for 30 minutes.  

5. Use the internet to find out how many calories you burn doing the activities you listed in #4. Considering that the average person burns about 2000 calories per day without doing any extra exercise, how many total calories do you think you burn each day? (Hint: Use a website like this - http://www.nutristrategy.com/activitylist.htm)


Answer: By playing general Frisbee you can burn 177 calories, flag/ touch football 472, playing catch 148, 97 walking. Total in a day I probably burn roughly about 2,834 on average. 

6. What is the most important thing that you can change about your diet or lifestyle to improve your long term health?



Answer: I could start by eating more fruits for breakfast in the morning so I have more energy during the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment