Sunday, February 19, 2012

The Hunger Games 13 - 15


Discussion Option
Use these prompts to inspire your response: W
hat character, idea, person, attitude, etc. do you really like? Why?

http://herocomplex.latimes.com
    In chapters 13 - 15 Katniss finally retrieves the bow and arrows. By cutting down the tracker jackers nest, it fell on the career tributes alliance. Although Katniss only got stung a couple of times, later on from pages 192 - 194 she began to have hallucinations. As Katniss wakes she wonders How long had I been out for. It was morning when I lost reason. Now it's afternoon. But the stiffness in my joints suggest more than a day has passed, even two possibly. (Page 196) Soon afterwards she finds a stream and sets camp there. Katniss quickly hunted a rabbit and some form of wild turkey when she hears a twig snap. She couldn't see anything but then suddenly spots the tip of a child's boot just peeking out behind the trunk of a tree. Automatically Katniss knows it's Rue. On page 200 the words come out Katniss before she can stop them, "You know, they're not the only ones who can form alliances." Rue shortly questioned back, "You want me for an ally?" After a quick discussion Katniss and Rue had just formed an alliance. 

http://herocomplex.latimes.com
    By forming an alliance with Rue, I think Katniss made a smart decision. With pass knowledge that Rue had saved her life before on page 185, chapter 14 Rue pointed out to Katniss that there was huge nest of tracker jackets right below her, she knew that she could trust Rue. Later on when they met up and made the alliance Rue had found some leaves that help the tracker jacker stings abate. After Katniss offered her some of the food she had just hunted, in return Rue offered to heal her stings. As Rue graciously applied the anointment on Katniss' stings, Katniss noticed that Rue had a long burn on her forearm. Since Katniss got burnt from the fire balls and Haymitch sent her some anointment for the burns, she offered Rue some of it for her burn. 

    Overall I believe that Katniss made a good decision by teaming up with Rue. By doing so Katniss found out that the girls from Districts 1 and 4 had died while she was passed out by the hallucinations, leaving only 10 of them left. As well as the sunglasses Katniss had in her supply bag allowed you to see though pitch black. As Katniss talked to Rue she found out that Peeta was no longer with the career tributes. By making the alliance with Rue, Katniss now had her tracker jacker stings healed, knowledge about her glasses and allied with someone to make a plan to take out the career tributes. 

8 comments:

  1. the usefulness of Rue is something that you did a good job of covering. If there was one more thing I would add about Rue is how much she reminds Katniss of Prim. A very good blog post

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree with you on what you said. I would join up with Rue not because she is little and I feel bad for her, but because she is smart and is elusive. I would definitely take someone like her as an ally. What do you think will happen to Rue in the next chapter. I have a feeling they will succeed in their plan and be victorious, but in the end I have a feeling a career tribute is going to kill Rue and Katniss is going to feel so pain and anger that she is just going to go crazy. What do you think will happen?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you because Rue is one of my favorite characters and if i were Katniss i would have an alliance with Rue because shes so sneaky and really hard to catch. I think my favorite part was when Katniss dropped the hive on the careers because they deserved it, but i think it was really nice of Peeta to help Katniss get away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do an excellent job, Amanda, of stating your opinion ("By forming an alliance with Rue, I think Katniss made a smart decision.") and supporting it with evidence from the text. These examples of support make your writing strong. Fantastic effort!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you Amanda how it was a good idea to team up with Rue so they can share there supplies and ideas to try to take to others out. Also a idea I had was Rue might die soon From Rue trying to save Katniss's life or they could be the last ones alive and they wouldn't kill each other one will maybe sacrifice themselves. If I were Katniss I would at least give Rue the small dagger she got to at least defend herself. But this post has really got me thinking about what they could be planing and helped me understand some parts of the book so great post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great response I agree that making a alince with Rue was a good idea. I like how you made this really long I just didn't want to stop reading

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Amanda! That was a perfect post. I agree with you and when they first became friends I was jumping all over the place because I absolutely love Rue.I love how you first explained what was going on in the book to lead up to the alliance so we don't get lost. Also the way that you used quotes from the book were really cool because it showed evidence to your opinion. Another thing was that everything you wrote made sense and you didn't stray off the topic. By the way, you found great pictures of Rue in Katniss, it really made your blog stand out. Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yea definently Sorry if I spelt that wrong but i agree with everything they said and you of course but i really like how professional you are at this you write so much and it is all good none of it is bad at all. You are so good at doing everything trust me. You give so much good detail and i also like how when Katniss was speaking you used a different font and it looks so professional keep up that great work:)

    ReplyDelete