Monday, October 1, 2012

Where I'm From Poem


For humanities class we wrote a poem about where we are from, below is my poem that I wrote.

Where I’m from Poem


I am from a big white house in sunny San Diego
With sounds of planes
and little birds flying up above me
To sounds of fireworks bursting in the night sky

I am from the home of the Chargers
From watching football to playing sports
Where the game is always on

I am from a loving Swedish mother
and a caring German Vater
From a tall older brother
to two big German Shepherds

I am from eating home cooked meals
To happy hour foods on gameday
From tasty tacos to cold sandwiches
and 711 lime slurpees

I am from scattered dog toys
and little rubber bands found everywhere
From Charger gear hanging from every wall

I am from a Charger family
Where silver and black is not accepted
From unexpected losses
To “There’s always next year.”
From meeting football players at Ralphs
Like the kicker Nick Novak

I am from breaking bones to shooting guns
To making origami of birds and stars
From collecting football memorabilia
and drawing beautiful random sketches

I am from listening to K-pop
to K-rock
From Super Junior to LEDapple
and Donghae to Hanbyul
Abbey’s had me listen to it all

I am from many things
From K pop to origami
To shooting and watching football

No comments:

Post a Comment